HUD published Federally Mandated Exclusions from Income: Republication of Corrected Listing in the Federal Register.
A copy of the notice may be found here: http://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/FR-2012-12-14/pdf/2012-30210.pdf
The notice corrects errors and an omission in from a July 24, 2012 notice related to income exclusions and calculations. The Department has republished the corrected version today and has updated the list of federally mandated exclusions last published on April 20, 2001 to include the following:
(1) Assistance from section 1780 of the Richard B. Russell National School Lunch Act and section 11(b) of the Child Nutrition Act of 1966;
(2) Payments from the Seneca Nation Settlement Act of 1990;
(3) Payments from any deferred Department of Veterans Affairs disability benefits that are received in a lump sum amount or in prospective monthly amounts;
(4) Compensation received by or on behalf of a veteran for service-connected disability, death, dependency or indemnity compensation in programs authorized under the Native American Housing Assistance and Self- Determination Act of 1996 (NAHASDA) and administered by the Office of Native American Programs;
(5) A lump sum or a periodic payment received by an individual Indian pursuant to the Class Action Settlement Agreement in the United States District Court case entitled Elouise Cobell et al. v. Ken Salazar et al., 816 F.Supp.2d 10 (Oct. 5, 2011 D.D.C.); and
(6) Federal major disaster and emergency assistance provided to individuals and families under the Robert T. Stafford Disaster Relief and Emergency Assistance Act and comparable disaster assistance provided by States, local governments, and disaster assistance organizations.