Please find an invitation below from HUD and the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) to participate in the FCC’s Lifeline Program. Lifeline is a federal program designed to lower the costs of communication services, such as internet or phone bills, for low income consumers.
You are invited to attend a free webinar co-hosted by the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) and the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) on Tuesday, July 7 from 3:00-4:00 PM Eastern. The webinar focuses on FCC’s Lifeline Program and how it might benefit the customers that EnVision Centers serve. Lifeline is a federal program to help make communications services more affordable for low-income consumers. The program lowers the cost of eligible low-income consumers’ phone or internet bills by providing a monthly discount of up to $9.25, and up to $34.25 for residents on Tribal lands.
There will be a short presentation and time for questions and answers. This webinar will provide an overview of the Lifeline Program including the qualification requirements, application process, benefits to consumers, and ways to get assistance on the application process.
- WHEN: Tuesday, July 7 at 3:00-4:00 PM EST
- WHERE: Webinar/ GoToWebinar
- REGISTRATION: All attendees must register to attend
Lifeline Background Information:
- Lifeline is administered by the Universal Service Administrative Company (USAC), which has been designated as the program’s permanent administrator by the Federal Communications Commission (FCC).
- Consumers qualify for Lifeline through participation in a qualifying government benefit program, such as SNAP or Medicaid, or if their income is at or below 135% of the federal poverty guidelines.
- Consumers in most states can apply
using the National Verifier, the Lifeline application system, online or by
mailing in a paper application to the Lifeline Support Center.
- For more information on the application process and eligibility criteria, review the How to Apply fact sheet.
We look forward to your participation! Feel free to forward this message to your staff, networks, colleagues, grantees, and friends.