To continue to provide you with professional development support, HUD’s Office of Affordable Housing Programs (OAHP) is pleased to announce the launch (on January 13, 2020) of an interactive web-based training course, Building HOME. More information about the training course is available below.
HUD’s Office of Affordable Housing Programs (OAHP) is pleased to announce the launch of the new Building HOME Online Training.
Calling HOME Program Practitioners of All Levels
Whether you are new to the HOME Investment Partnerships (HOME) Program or want to deepen your existing knowledge, this training is for you.
- Newcomers to the HOME Program can work through each module in consecutive order, to get a soup-to-nuts training on HOME regulations and implementation.
- Current practitioners can use the online training to check their knowledge of the current HOME Program requirements and get tips on program implementation for each of the key HOME activities.
Engage with an interactive, self-paced online training that guides you through key requirements and topic areas using real-world scenarios from multiple job role perspectives while also checking your knowledge along the way with challenge questions and exams. Multiple resources and job aids are also included.
Take the first three modules in sequential order. These core modules lead you through a track of program-wide basics. You must complete these core modules before you can take the remaining modules.
- Module 1: Overview of the HOME Program
- Module 2: HOME Program Requirements
- Module 3: HOME Program Administration
Expand Your Base
Once you complete the core modules, take any or all of the other remaining modules that are of interest to you, in any order that you wish. The optional modules that are currently available include:
- Module 4: Homeowner Rehabilitation Programs
- Module 5: Homebuyer Programs
- Module 6: Rental Housing Activities
- Module 7: Rental Housing – Long-term Compliance
- Module 8: Community Housing Development Organizations (CHDOs)
Complete all modules to learn the full breadth of eligible HOME activities and to access guidance related to effective and compliant implementation.
Four additional modules will be launched in the coming months including Tenant-Based Rental Assistance (TBRA), Match, Reporting and IDIS, and Other Federal Requirements.
Sign up for the HOME Mailing List to make sure you hear when the new modules are launched!