|This webinar series will guide participants through the United States Department of Housing and Urban Development’s (HUD) new multifamily utility benchmarking guidance, including the new HUD Multifamily Utility Benchmarking Website and Toolkit. The goal of this series is for attendees to become familiar with the specific guidance and tools HUD has developed to help facilitate, encourage, and streamline the benchmarking of energy and water performance at multifamily properties. Attendees are encouraged to register for and attend all six sessions. Recordings will be made available for those who are not able to attend.
This six-part series will include the following webinars:
- Introduction to Multifamily Utility Benchmarking and HUD’s New Toolkit
This webinar will provide an overview of utility benchmarking for multifamily properties and introduce participants to HUD’s new online Multifamily Utility Benchmarking Toolkit. Visit the class page to learn more.
- Creating a Plan and Managing Data for Multifamily Utility Benchmarking
This webinar will describe the benefits of creating a plan for utility benchmarking, emphasize key aspects that should be a part of any plan, and show participants how to use HUD’s new Multifamily Utility Benchmarking Plan template to organize, maintain, and export the key information necessary to benchmark multifamily properties. Visit the class page to learn more.
- Collecting the Data for Utility Benchmarking of Multifamily Properties
This webinar will describe four methods for collecting the utility data necessary to perform utility benchmarking for multifamily properties, provide guidance on sampling tenant-paid utility data when appropriate, and demonstrate HUD’s new Tenant-Paid Utility Data Sampling Calculator. Visit the class page to learn more.
- Using Software and Entering Data for Multifamily Utility Benchmarking
This webinar will introduce three approaches for entering the data necessary to benchmark in EPA’s Portfolio Manager® tool, highlight specific EPA training materials that are most relevant to multifamily housing providers, and address HUD guidance on specific utility benchmarking data issues such as vacancies, bulk deliveries, and tagging properties. Visit the class page to learn more.
- Sharing Multifamily Utility Benchmarking Results and Building on Success
This webinar will show participants how to share and report utility benchmarking results using EPA’s Portfolio Manager® tool (both within and outside their organization – including the format required for reporting to HUD) and how to interpret benchmarking data and results to inform next steps in energy and water management. Visit the class page to learn more.
- Multifamily Utility Benchmarking Requirements and Funding Opportunities
This webinar will summarize HUD’s existing and proposed requirements related to utility benchmarking, describe HUD programs and initiatives that can help housing providers fund utility benchmarking efforts, and discuss opportunities for undertaking subsequent green retrofits to multifamily properties. Visit the class page to learn more.
Who Should Attend?
The Multifamily Utility Benchmarking Webinar Series is intended for any multifamily housing provider seeking guidance on benchmarking the energy and water performance of their properties over time. Registration will close one hour before the class start time.
Schedule of Training Deliveries
||Date and Time
|Introduction to MF Utility Benchmarking and HUD’s New Toolkit
||April 13, 2017
2-3 PM EDT
|Creating a Plan and Managing Data for MF Utility Benchmarking
||April 20, 2017
2-3 PM EDT
|Collecting the Data for Utility Benchmarking of MF Properties
||April 27, 2017
2-3 PM EDT
|Using Software and Entering Data for MF Utility Benchmarking
||May 4, 2017
2-3 PM EDT
|Sharing MF Utility Benchmarking Results and Building on Success
||May 11, 2017
2-3 PM EDT
|MF Utility Benchmarking Requirements and Funding Opportunities
||June 1, 2017
2-3 PM EDT
Training Series Point of Contact
Multifamily Utility Benchmarking Webinar Series Registrar | email@example.com
Registering for the Multifamily Utility Benchmarking Webinar Series
Access the registration pages below and then select Register Now on the right side of the page.
If you have not yet registered for an HUD Exchange account:
Create an Account on the HUD Exchange
- Go to the HUD Exchange (www.hudexchange.info).
- Click Login (at the upper right).
- Click Create an Account.
- Fill out the form, and click the Create Account button.
Your account has been created. You will receive a confirmation email.
If you have already registered for an HUD Exchange account:
- Enter your Username and Password; select Log in.
- If prompted to fill out additional information, please do so, and select Update.
- You will be brought directly to the course detail page in HUD Exchange.
- Select the checkbox next to the class name and location and then select Enroll in this Class.
If you are unsure if you have an HUD Exchange account:
- Go to the HUD Exchange Login page, and enter your email address into the field: Forget Username or Password?
- If a username for that email address already exists, you will receive an email with a temporary password that you can use to follow the steps above. If not, you’ll receive an error message.
To find out more information about upcoming trainings and access materials from previously held trainings, go to HUD Exchange Trainings.