HUD has opened pre-registration to their NSPIRE Demonstration. Additional details from HUD/REAC are available below, however please view this website to register:
REAC NSPIRE VOLUNTARY DEMONSTRATION PARTICIPATION PRE-REGISTRATION
HUD will launch a new physical housing inspection model and wants to test the adjustments to standards, protocols, and processes prior to nationwide implementation. The department is seeking participation from 4,500 properties and will select from a nationwide pool of Public Housing Authorities and Property Owners and Agents.
If interested in participating in the voluntary NSPIRE Demonstration, you may pre-register by completing the online application. Early registration is encouraged as you will NOT need to re-register when registration opens.
The department wants a diverse, representative group of stakeholders from across the nation. HUD encourages all interested to pre-register for the Demonstration, as it will speed up the time for HUD to make first-round selections.
- Only one inspection! Scores are advisory.
- Can participate in focus groups, listening sessions, conference calls, and training sessions on policies and procedures.
- You will have a direct line to HUD! Your feedback will help HUD shape the new inspection model.
- Can take advantage of training opportunities, including how to use the inspection software.
CONDITIONS FOR PARTICIPATION
- Annually inspect 100 percent of your units. Self-inspections are to be submitted electronically for evaluation but will NOT be scored.
- Schedule a mutually agreed inspection date with a HUD inspector, so demonstration data can be collected.
- If property conditions warrant, HUD reserves the right to order and execute a UPCS inspection and apply any available remedies, sanctions, or other actions as determined by the results.
- If your property is subject to an existing HUD Compliance, Disposition, and Enforcement or Corrective Action Plan, you cannot participate in the Demonstration.
- If your most recent REAC score was 70 or less, and you are not currently subject to corrective action, your property may be considered for inclusion in the Demonstration on a case-by-case basis.
- Agree to participate in focus groups, listening sessions, conference calls, and training sessions.
Thank you for your interest in REAC’s new Physical Inspection Model and participating in the demonstration. We look forward to your feedback and working with you to protect families and ensure they are living in decent and safe housing; strengthen current standards, scoring models, and protocols used to assess properties; and streamline the inspection process.
If interested in participating in the demonstration, please complete and submit the pre-registration information. Pre-registration will remain open until the Demonstration Notice is published in the Federal Register. Upon the publishing date, registration will open and remain throughout the demonstration OR until we have met the needed number of properties to participate. HUD anticipates that the first-round of Demonstration participants will be selected by September 2019.