Interested in NAHMA’s advocacy efforts this October? Join our upcoming Hill Visit prep webinar!
Joining NAHMA’s advocacy program is easier than you think. While in town for the NAHMA October Meeting, head to Capitol Hill with your fellow NAHMA members to let lawmakers know why our industry matters, and post on social media about your advocacy experience.
Here are the steps for making your voice heard on affordable housing issues while in Washington, DC:
- Thanks to those of you who reached out for help scheduling Hill Visits. If you haven’t done so already, please let us know if you need assistance ASAP.
- Join our Hill Visit Prep webinar on Friday, October 11, at 2pm EST to go over NAHMA advocacy messaging and best practices for successful meetings with lawmakers.
NAHMA’s Hill Visit Prep Webinar
Hosted by NAHMA’s Grassroots Advocacy Taskforce
Friday, October 11, 2019 – 2pm EST
To join the webinar from a computer, please visit https://meetings.ringcentral.com/j/1489158322
To join by phone: +1(773)2319226; Meeting ID: 148 915 8322
During the webinar, we will go over the following materials (and more):
- Hill Visit Overview – Where to go, what to wear, and what not to bring through security
- Sample Meeting Talking Points – October 2019 – A sample outline of a meeting with congressional staff, including key policy items
- Best practices for visiting Congress – Do’s and Don’ts for effective advocacy on Capitol Hill
- National FY20 Rental Assistance Fact Sheet – Fact Sheet for lawmakers explaining the impacts of Rental Assistance programs nationwide, as well as NAHMA’s FY20 funding requests for housing programs
- National LIHTC Factsheet – An advocacy sheet from the ACTION campaign providing information on the Low-Income Housing Tax Credit and how Congress can support this essential program