Interested in becoming a member? 614.481.6949

Notice 2012-06 Requiring Owners with PBS8, 202, 811, RAP, and Rent Supp Contracts to Obtain a DUNS Number and Register in CCR by June 22

HUD published Notice H 2012-06, which codifies the DUNS Number and CCR registration requirements into Federal regulations.  Owners with Project-Based Section 8 Rental Assistance Contracts, Section 202 or 811 Project Rental Assistance Contracts, Rental Assistance Payments, or Rent Supplement Contracts must obtain a Dun and Bradstreet Number System (DUNS) Numbers and to register in the Central Contractor Registration (CCR) by Friday June 22 or risk suspension of your properties housing assistance payments or rental assistance payments.


Obtaining a Dun and Bradstreet Numbering System (DUNS) Number and registering in the CCR system was already required under Notice 2011-01 (issued January 5, 2011) for properties receiving project-based Section 8 (PBS8) rental assistance or Section 202 or Section 811 PRACs.  Notice H 2012-06 expands these requirements to RAP and Rent Supp properties.


Notice H 2012-06 also requires owners to maintain their CCR registration ANNUALLY in order to continue to receive housing assistance or rental assistance payments.  If you have already registered in CCR and have not renewed your registration for this year, please do so immediately.


Covered properties must also submit the following certification to their local HUD office to demonstrate compliance with the requirements of Notice H 2012-06 and H 2011-01.  HUD has informed us that if you have ALREADY submitted this certification to your local HUD office, you do not need to do so again. Please see Attachment A- DUNS Number and CCR Registration Certification ( for the certification form.





To obtain a D-U-N-S number, please click here:

To obtain or renew your CCR system registration (please note that you need a DUNS Number to register for CCR), please click here:

NAHMA members have also informed us that some HUD Field Offices are double-checking property CCR registration information in the CCR public database in addition to the property self-certification to ensure compliance with Notice H 2011-01 and H 2012-06Please ensure your registration is publicly viewable in the CCR system by clicking a checkbox during your registration/renewal. 


For a copy of Notice H 2012-06, please visit:


For a copy of Notice H 2011-01, please visit:


If you have any additional questions about the DUNS Number and CCR requirements, please email:

Leave a Reply