Class will begin at 9:00 each morning. It will end at 4:30 on day 1 and at approximately 12:30 on day 2. The SHCM Exam will follow the class on day 2.
What You’ll Learn
• Six Key Requirements for Managing a LIHTC Property
• Complete review of the major players and governing documents & project info
• Determining maximum incomes, maximum rents and utility allowances
• Qualifying Residents & Income Certifications: Determining household composition, processing an application, verifying income and assets, calculating household income & assets, and the full time student rule.
• Ongoing Compliance: lease requirements, move ins, recertifications, transfers, special rules for live in care attendants, changes in household composition, layering of programs, file maintenance, and compliance monitoring
• LIHTC Allocations & determining the value of the LIHTC
• Project set-asides, eligible basis, applicable fractions and qualified basis, credit percentages, treatment of exempt units
• Critical time periods, First year of the credit period – lease up and acquisition-rehabs
• Advanced rent & fee issues
• IRS Forms & correcting non-compliance
• Unit Vacancy Rule & Available Unit Rule
• Combining LIHTC w/ other programs
Cancellation Policy: All cancellations must be submitted in writing five business days prior to the event. Substitutions accepted. No shows will be billed.
Non-Members Must Pre-Pay