In this Update
- FSS is for Everyone
- Update on UEI/Sam.gov registrations that may affect your ability to register/submit with Grants.gov
- Extended Deadline for Federally Declared Disaster Areas
Curious about whether your organization is a good fit for FSS? Learn more about why FSS is for Everyone!
You can learn more about our NOFO on the FSS Funding Opportunities Webpage, including How to Apply as a New Applicant with HUD’s Single Required Additional Form (HUD-52651). Remember to read the NOFO regarding Question #9!
REMEMBER: The Application Deadline is Friday, October 7, 2022. Don’t delay!
***2022 September 22 – Update: UEI and Grants.gov Registration Requirement***
Still waiting on your UEI or Grants.gov registration? Due to high demand, SAM.gov registrations are taking longer than expected to process.
Good news: We have relaxed our active UEI requirement for applicants, as follows:
- ALREADY are registered for Grants.gov with a DUNS Number but have yet to obtain a UEI from SAM.gov? You may still apply (although you will need a UEI before accepting any award) as normal via Grants.gov.
- DO NOT have a Grants.gov registration from SAM.gov? You may still apply (although you will need a UEI before accepting any award) via email by sending ALL of your signed (either electronically or scanned wet signature – typewritten signatures WILL NOT be accepted), dated, and completed application documents in ONE email to ApplicationSupport@HUD.gov AFTER submitting your registration request on SAM.gov, with a copy of your confirmation email from SAM.gov with your Ticket Number by the end of the Application Grace Period (24 hours after the Application Deadline).
PLEASE NOTE: Grants.gov will be UNAVAILABLE between Friday, September 23, 2022, and Thursday, September 29, 2022. The FSS NOFO Deadline has ALREADY been extended for all applicants to Friday, October 7, 2022, to allow additional time to accommodate this issue. You may ONLY submit your application via email if you are experiencing a delay with your Grants.gov registration from SAM.gov, which is UNAFFECTED by the unavailability of Grants.gov. You may NOT submit your application via email if you are simply unable to access Grants.gov because of the previously announced Grants.gov system unavailability, but instead should submit your application via Grants.gov AFTER Thursday, September 29, 2022, and BEFORE the Application Deadline.
***2022 September 22 – Update: Presidentially Declared Emergencies and Disasters***
Have you been impacted by a Presidentially Declared Emergency or Disaster? For those in Presidentially Declared Emergency and Disaster Areas, we are extending the NOFO deadline to Friday, October 21, 2022 @ 11:59:59pm ET in the following areas:
- Puerto Rico Hurricane Fiona (DR-4671-PR)
- Muscogee Creek Nation Severe Storms, Tornadoes, and Flooding (DR-4670-OK)
- Puerto Rico Tropical Storm Fiona (EM-3583-PR)
- Mississippi Water Crisis (EM-3582-MS)
- Virgin Islands Water Shortage and Health Impact From Unprecedented Sargassum Seagrass Influx (EM-3581-VI)
- American Samoa High Surf, High Winds, and Flooding (DR-4669-AS)
- Salt River Pima Maricopa Indian Community Salt River Pima
- Alaska Flooding (DR-4667-AK)
- Minnesota Severe Storms, Straight-line Winds, Tornadoes, and Flooding (DR-4666-MN)
- Missouri Severe Storms and Flooding (DR-4665-MO)
- Kentucky Severe Storms, Flooding, Landslides, and Mudslides (DR-4663-KY)
PLEASE NOTE: We will update this list with any new areas that are declared by the CURRENT application deadline of Friday, October 7, 2022 @ 11:59:59pm ET.